Whether you are keeping flowers to just friends and family or hoping they form a part of your service, flowers can add a bright and welcoming touch and reflect the love felt by those attending. Flowers can be taken to the wake, taken home by the family or you can arrange for them to be donated to local nursing or care homes. A beautiful spray of flowers is very personal and adds a visual warmth to the coffin and service.
Things you may like to consider…
- Did your loved one have a favourite flower or colour, or something they disliked and should be avoided?
- Is there a general colour scheme that you’d like?
- Would you like to include seasonal flowers?
- Do you have a theme or design that reflects the personality of your loved one?
- Would you like a ‘tree tribute’ or shrub as a lasting memory, and if so, is there one that flowers around a specific anniversary or birthday?